Mobile HelpAlert “Belle” expands users’ horizons and enables them to press one button to get help at home and away, anywhere in the US where there is AT&T 3G coverage. Belle does not require a landline phone line or base station, and it is shower-safe and is lightweight and easily worn with the included lanyard.
Simple to Use
- Press the call button.
- Get assistance from a certified emergency care specialist.
- Works up to 30 days on a single charge
- Small, lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Can be used in the shower
- Works at home and away from home, anywhere there is AT&T 3G coverage
- Can be located with U-TDOA
Belle weighs just 2 oz. and is shower-safe, though it should not be submerged in water. Belle enables users to get help anywhere in the US where there is AT&T 3G cellular coverage.Check coverage here.
Belle can last up to 30 days between charges. Belle conserves battery by staying in sleep mode and powering on when the call button is pressed.
Coverage and operation
Your customers can speak with specialists via the powerful built-in speaker and microphone in Belle. Specialists can send emergency personnel or loved ones to the user, depending on what is needed.
If a user needs to be located in an emergency:
- The specialist will transfer the Belle user to 911 and stay on hold.
- The 911 operator will locate the user with U-TDOA and dispatch help.
- The specialist will be reconnected with the Belle user when the 911 operator disconnects the call.
Belle requires there be adequate AT&T 3G coverage to connect with specialists. If a user travels outside the AT&T 3G or roaming partner area, Belle can use other available GSM networks to dial 911 directly.
Individuals with pacemakers should review their pacemaker materials regarding interaction with cell phones, and take the same precautions the materials recommend for this device.
1. What makes Belle different from other mobile personal emergency response systems?
Belle is a small, lightweight, and comfortable-to-wear mobile personal emergency response system that enables users to break free from landline-based systems that only work in and around the home. Simple to use, compact, and shower-safe, the Belle features built-in 2-way voice communication and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 30 days on a single charge.
Belle users can do what they love, with the confidence of knowing they can press one button to get help at home and away, anywhere in the US where there is AT&T 3G coverage. Belle connects users with call center specialists, who can send emergency personnel or loved ones to the user, depending on what is needed. If users need to be located in an emergency, specialists can connect their Belle device to 911 to utilize U-TDOA location technology.
2. How does Belle work?
When you press and hold the call button, you are connected with a trained call center specialist. You can speak with and listen to the specialist through the powerful built-in microphone and speaker. The specialist will assess the situation and will send EMS, loved ones or neighbors to help you, depending on what is needed.
3. What accessories come with Belle?
Belle purchases include a charging cradle and lanyard.
4. Does Belle work in the shower?
Yes, Belle can be used in the shower. However, it is not designed to be submerged in water.
5. Who can I contact with the Belle?
When you press the call button, you will be connected with a call center specialist. The specialist can send EMS, relatives or friends to you, depending on what is needed.
6. How long does the Belle battery last?
The rechargeable Belle battery lasts up to 30 days between charging.
7. How do I know when the battery is low?
You and your loved ones can receive text message and email alerts when Belle needs to be charged and powers off. You may also receive a phone call from a specialist when the Belle battery is low. Belle should be charged for 3 hours every 30 days. The red battery light will flash every 1 second after a call when the battery is low.
8. How do I charge Belle?
To charge Belle, rest it on the included charging cradle with Belle’s lanyard at the top of the cradle near the charging cord and Belle’s status lights down near the light on the bottom of the cradle. The red battery light will flash every 2 seconds while Belle is charging. When Belle is fully charged, the battery light will be solid red.
9. How do I know Belle is working?
When Belle is on and working normally, the blue call light will flash every 5 seconds after a call (until the device goes into standby mode) or if charging, and the battery light will not be on.
10. Can caregivers call Belle?
Caregivers cannot call Belle devices because Belle devices are off until the call button is pressed, to conserve battery. Belle users can press the button and ask the call center specialist to call a caregiver, neighbor or relative in a non-emergency situation.
11. What if I press Belle’s button by accident?
If you press the button by accident, simply tell the specialist that you did not intend to press the button and that no help is needed.
12. Will Belle interfere with my medical equipment?
Belle is essentially a cell phone. If you have a pacemaker, review your pacemaker materials regarding interaction with cell phones, and take the same precautions the materials recommend with this device.
13. How often should I test Belle?
It is recommended that you test Belle once a month.
- To test, press the call button until call light turns blue.
- After a short delay, you will hear tones or ringing.
- Specialist answers your call.
- Tell specialist you are testing.
- If the device dials 911, tell the operator you are testing and that the operator can disconnect the call.
14. How does Belle help users?
Belle empowers you to do the things you love, with the confidence that you can get help when needed, whether you are at home or across the country. Belle uses AT&T 3G coverage to connect you to a call center specialist, and if you are in an area without AT&T 3G or roaming partner coverage, Belle can use other compatible area networks to dial 911 directly. You can wear Belle all the time, even in the shower, so you can feel confident doing your daily activities and being able to reach help if you need it.
15. How much does the Belle unit weigh and what are the dimensions?
It weighs 2 oz. and measures 2.7” x 1.7” x 0.7”.
16. How do I purchase the Belle?
Call us at 1-855-55-ALERT